Thursday 1 January 2015

Odysseas Elytis , monogram

                                                                                Albert Aublet , Selene

This is the way I talk about you and me

Because I love you and in the love I know
To enter like a Full Moon
From everywhere, like your little foot in the immense sheets
To pluck jasmines and I have the power
When you are asleep, to blow and lead you
Through moonlight paths and secret arches of the sea
Hypnotised trees with silvery spiders

The waves have heard of you
How you caress, how you kiss
How you whisper the  "what" and the "eh"
Around the neck in the bay
Always you the light and the shadow

Always you the little star and always me the dark vessel
Always you the harbour and me the right lantern
The wet breakwater and the shine upon the oars

High in the house with the vine branches
The tied roses and the cooling water
Always you the stone statue and always I the growing shadow
The leaning window shutter you and I the wind that opens it
Because I love you and I love you
Always you the coin and I the adoration that cashes it:

So the night , so the roar in the wind
So the drop in the air, so the serenity
All around the despotic sea
Star-filled chamber of the sky
So your slightest breath

I have nothing else anymore than
In the four walls, the ceiling, the floor
To cry out for you and my voice to hit me
to smell of your scent and the people to get angry
Because the untried the brought from elsewhere
People cant stand it and it 's early , do you hear me
It 's still early in this world my love

TO TALK ABOUT YOU AND ME


Odysseas Elytis



III

Έτσι μιλώ για σένα και για μένα

Επειδή σ' αγαπώ και στην αγάπη ξέρω
Να μπαίνω σαν Πανσέληνος
Από παντού, για το μικρό το πόδι σου μες στ' αχανή σεντόνια
Να μαδάω γιασεμιά - κι έχω τη δύναμη
Αποκοιμισμένη, να φυσώ να σε πηγαίνω
Μέσ' από φεγγερά περάσματα και κρυφές της θάλασσας στοές
Υπνωτισμένα δέντρα με αράχνες που ασημίζουνε
Ακουστά σ' έχουν τα κύματα
Πως χαϊδεύεις, πως φιλάς
Πως λες ψιθυριστά το "τι" και το "ε"
Τριγύρω στο λαιμό στον όρμο
Πάντα εμείς το φως κι η σκιά
Πάντα εσύ τ' αστεράκι και πάντα εγώ το σκοτεινό πλεούμενο
Πάντα εσύ το λιμάνι κι εγώ το φανάρι το δεξιά
Το βρεμένο μουράγιο και η λάμψη επάνω στα κουπιά
Ψηλά στο σπίτι με τις κληματίδες
Τα δετά τριαντάφυλλα, το νερό που κρυώνει
Πάντα εσύ το πέτρινο άγαλμα και πάντα εγώ η σκιά που μεγαλώνει
Το γερτό παντζούρι εσύ, ο αέρας που το ανοίγει εγώ
Επειδή σ' αγαπώ και σ' αγαπώ
Πάντα εσύ το νόμισμα κι εγώ η λατρεία που το εξαργυρώνει:


Τόσο η νύχτα, τόσο η βοή στον άνεμο
Τόσο η στάλα στον αέρα, τόσο η σιγαλιά
Τριγύρω η θάλασσα η δεσποτική
Καμάρα τ' ουρανού με τ' άστρα
Τόσο η ελάχιστή σου αναπνοή

Που πια δεν έχω τίποτε άλλο
Μες στους τέσσερις τοίχους, το ταβάνι, το πάτωμα
Να φωνάζω από σένα και να με χτυπά η φωνή μου
Να μυρίζω από σένα και ν' αγριεύουν οι άνθρωποι
Επειδή το αδοκίμαστο και το απ' αλλού φερμένο
Δεν τ' αντέχουν οι άνθρωποι κι είναι νωρίς, μ' ακούς
Είναι νωρίς ακόμη μες στον κόσμο αυτόν αγάπη μου

Να μιλώ για σένα και για μένα.

Οδυσσέας Ελύτης , Το Μονόγραμμα, 1971


No comments:

Post a Comment